Nashville 3D Scanning
MidTenMaker 3D scanning services
We utilize Structured Light based hardware and software scanning technologies that produces highly accurate scan data. 3D scanning is the process of converting physical objects into precise digital models that enables you to quickly and accurately capture your object’s shape and geometries.
Things to consider when having something scanned.
- Not all objects are good candidates for 3D scanning
- 3D Scanners don’t like dark or shinny objects.
- If the object is too dark or shinny, they can be painted or powdered so it will scan correctly.
- 3D Scanners can only scan what they can see, so if the object has a lot of internal geometry or hidden areas they will not be part of the final model.
- Scanning very thin items such as the edge a knife blade “may” cause issues when creating watertight models. Sometimes only surface scans are possible.
- Scans can be made on objects up to about 11″x11″
- What is the intended use for the scan?
Output is a standard .obj or .stl point cloud mesh. Prices range from $75 and up depending on the complexity of the model.
3D scanning can help you: Measure parts, Create CAD data, Make parts fit, Improve quality, rapid prototype with 3D printing, reverse engineer, save money before the manufacturing process.
- Scan size: 3″ – 11″
- Resolution/Precision: Up to 0.1% of scan size (down to 0.06 mm)
- Mesh density: Up to 1,200,000 vertices per scan